Wednesday, September 12, 2012

LESSON 22 the verbo HABER

NOW YOU CAN ALSO JOIN  HOLALESSONS ON FACEBOOK HERE  
                                 The verbo Haber is really important because we use it to build compound times, is an auxiliary verb and is important to know it.The verb Haver shows to us exactly the point when the actions happens, happened or will happen even the in conditional, I know that sounds a bit estrange, lets go to see some examples:


Ex1: today is 12 of september and tomorrow i will be in Barcelona,
             
          el 13 de septiembre habré estado en Barcelona(on 13 i will have been in Barcelona)
Well as you can see at the sentence above we are speaking about something that will be done in the future from the present, we must put the verb Haber in future and the participle of verb of the action that will happen.
Yo habré....comido--------------------I will have eaten
Tu habrás...comido--------------------you will have been eaten
El/ella habrá......comido----------------he /she will have eaten
Nosotros habremos......ido------------we will have gone
vosotros habréis...........ido------------you will have gone
ellos habrán..................ido------------they have gone

person(yo,tu,el...)+haber in future+participle of action, to see how to do the participle of a verb have a look at lesson 21.

  Ex2: Now imagin that we are in a place where we alredy have been there:

         aquí yo ya había estado(here I alredy had been) this form is called pretérito pluscuamperfecto and show to us that it happened in the past and you have alredy done it
Yo había+verb in participle
tu habías            "
el/ella había        "
nos. habíamos    "
vos. habíais        "
ellos/ellas habían "

Ex3 we can also use it in a conditional form

si tuviera dinero lo habría comprado(if i had money i would have bought)
yo habría+verb in participle
tu habrías              "
el/ella habría         "
nos.habríamos       "
vos habríais           "
ellos/ellas habrían  "

Well they are just  the most useful forms there are more but i think is enought for the moment just try to quue the idea and in the futere i'll write more about it(come on i know is not esay but you are just starting!!)



2 comments:

  1. I don't understand the explanation. In English we don't say 'I will have been in Barcelona', we say 'I will be in Barcelona'. Imagine this: Today is the 12th. Tomorrow (13th) I will arrive in Barcelona at 11am. Now we can say 'At 2pm tomorrow I will have been in Barcelona for 3 hours'. This is future perfect in English. So my question is, is haber being used for 'I will be in Barcelona' or 'I will have been in Barcelona for xxx'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok... I will be in Barcelona would be estaré en barcelona so we use just the future tense(here the future of the verb estar), habré estado would be something like that: at 12 I alredy have been so habré shows an specific time already past (I know there is not an exctly translation) feel free to ask me whatever you want (is good for my English too)

      Delete